First semester Assignment for the module of Gaming at WIT collage c/o Waterford
Technical implemented Feature:
• 3D primitives
• 2D GUI
• GUIText components
• GUITexture components
• FPS view
• Ambient Sound
• 3D objects
• Detection of key strokes
• Menu Navigation
• Menu Elements
All the 3D Assets with the exception of the “Rocks” and the Characters, are made by Pietro De Santi using, Blender. The Scripting has been performed using C#.
The scripting was my main focus although the graphic has been implemented with care.
There is a lot of logic involved in the programming part to be able to handle different situation across different levels.
Some of the logic is here summarized:
- Data stored, are persistent throughout all the level.
- Pressing letter P would stop the sounds
- Pressing letter T would turn on and off the Spotlight
- Pressing letter H would turn on and off the Map
- Pressing letter Q would (once obtained at least one key) instantiating the third Character that was previously selected.
- The HUD, shows : Count down, Number of Keys, Score. It also offers a visual representation of the object picked up.
- The Character displayed on the HUD, will chance upon which is selected in the main level.
- To do some of the logic, coroutine, sendmessage, and other technique are used.